[ZODB-Dev] Repozo tests -- not

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Wed Dec 2 17:34:21 EST 2009

Tres Seaver wrote:

>>> - - Avoid shellling out to run repozo, but rather use its main(),
>>>   passing argv.
>> I thought of this but decided to not go that way to test that repozo can
>> actually run on a living database. Even if the code that was there still
>> needs to be modified to achieve that goal.
>
> Computing the path to repozo to run as a script was a bit wonky:  I just
> changed the 'main()' function to take optional arguments, which also
> gave me more flexibility in how thigs run (e.g., turning off noisy output).

I suspect I do not express myself correctly.

I try to say that repozo should be tested against a database being
mutated (the current test only exercise backups when the db is closed).

As far as I can understand, THE reason for repozo is to backup without
stopping the ZODB.

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be