[ZODB-Dev] Data.fs size grows non-stop

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Dec 7 09:25:01 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Jose Benito Gonzalez Lopez
<jose.benito.gonzalez at cern.ch> wrote:
> Since some time ago (not sure since when) our database
> has passed from 15GB to 65GB so fast, and it keeps growing
> little by little (2 to 5 GB per day). It is clear that something is not
> correct in it.

Are you packing it regularly?

> We would like to check which objects are taking most of the space
> or just try to find out what is going on,...
>
> Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I typically write simple scripts using the file storage iterator for
this.  (I tend to prefer
one-off scripts, mainly because I want to script mummies lile we have in
ZODB/scripts. :)

I've attached a script that computes statistics on class usage in a
file-storage database.

Hopefully, it is useful in its own right and useful as a starting
point for similar scripts.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton