[ZODB-Dev] Data.fs size grows non-stop

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Dec 9 11:31:08 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Pedro Ferreira
<jose.pedro.ferreira at cern.ch> wrote:
> Well, at least we won't have to rewrite the whole bucket... but still, it
> would be much nicer to fragment the list
> in smaller chunks. We could use an OOBTree instead... but something less
> complex would suffice... any suggestions?

It's hard for people to suggest something without knowing your usage pattern.
Do you want something that is effectively a set? Is integer indexing important?
What are the items in the list?

> We are really considering replacing all our indexes with something more
> efficient and ZODB-friendly... do you thing zope.catalog would be a good
> choice?

A catalog is simply an organization of indexes, typically implemented
with BTrees.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton