[ZODB-Dev] Data.fs size grows non-stop

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Dec 10 04:10:48 EST 2009

On 2009-12-10 10:06, Pedro Ferreira wrote:
> The situation is simple: we have events (objects) that have to be
> indexed by date. We currently use an OOBTree with the days as keys and
> lists of objects as values. The objective is to avoid rewriting these
> lists each time something changes, since we can have tens of thousands
> of events in the same day. Some kind of btree-based list or set would
> work, I guess.

Why not store the events on some BTree or similar structure with a
simple unique integer id, and use a separate BTree to map dates to these
events? You can even use zc.catalog or similar tools to create that
mapping - you would get a lot of query options for free with those as well.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.