[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.9/3.8 incompatibility (was Re: Data.fs size grows non-stop)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Dec 10 06:08:25 EST 2009

Marius Gedminas wrote:
>   * In ZODB 3.8, the 'version' argument of ClientStorage.history (as well
>     as other kinds of storages, I suppose) is mandatory.  In ZODB 3.9
>     it's gone.
>
>     Solved by peeking into the method signature with inspect.getargspec()
>     and supplying a version only if it's needed.

I believe this may be fixed with 3.9.4 is released.
...but it sounds like your code isn't ending up using the Z303 adapter,
which is why you're running into the problem.

How are you mixing versions? 3.8 on client and 3.9 on server or?
(sorry, I lost the previous thread and saw this as a new one when Jim
changed the subject line...)

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk