[ZODB-Dev] Data.fs size grows non-stop

Roger dev at projekt01.ch
Thu Dec 10 11:12:48 EST 2009

Hi Pedro

> Betreff: Re: AW: [ZODB-Dev] Data.fs size grows non-stop
>

> > If you need performance, take a look at the z3c.indexer
> package which
> > offers a much faster indexing concept. I implemented this package
> > because my app coudn't handle the implicit default indexing
> handling.
> > The README.txt explains what is different and how to use it. It
> > defently needs some work to implement a z3c.indexer based indexing
> > concept but if you do it right, it can handle a lot more indexing
> > tasks then the generic zope or zc.catalog concept.
> >

> Thanks a lot. But is it easy to use this from within a
> non-Zope application? In the examples I could see references
> to several zope.site classes, such as LocalSiteManager...
> since this is a standalone app, I wonder if it won't force us
> to import some other zope packages...

The site is only used as a sample setup and for provide
a local persistent IIntIds utility.

Every zope catalog implementation needs an object id
normaly an id given from IIntIds.

But if your app provides another unique integer id
for each object, you can use the z3c.indexer package
with small modifications.

But of corse it will bring in some dependencies,
but not more then the zope or zc.catalog will.

Let me know if you could use the package with less
dependencies then we have now and we can try to cut
the dependencies down or probably defined them as test
dependencies

Regards
Roger Ineichen