[ZODB-Dev] Locating backrefs of persistent objects

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu Dec 17 19:03:25 EST 2009

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> I'd like to implement the following feature for zodbbrowser: given a
> persistent object X, find all other persistent objects that have
> references to it.

RelStorage has this functionality, but I don't know how we ought to
expose it.  Start a pack to update the graph, then query the object_ref
table.  Turn on pack-dry-run if you only want to update the table and
don't want to pack.

I'd like to make RelStorage implement some Python API for listing
backreferences, but no such API has been defined.

Shane