[ZODB-Dev] undo (and storage interface) brokenness

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Thu Dec 24 03:59:41 EST 2009

On 24/12/09 03:09, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, I think the people most likely to have used it in a pinch
> are less likely to be reading this list.
>
> If the current API is broken, we should fix it. If that means fixing
> some of the UI in Zope to use a new API, that's OK too. Few people will
> have customised this or relied on the "old" API.
>
> If we had to say you only get step-by-step undo from the most recent
> transaction, then that'd probably be OK too. In this case, we should
> have a UI that lets you specify a number (undo N transactions) or a
> limit (undo up to and including transaction X). I think people
> understand that undoing a single transaction that's not the most recent
> one is error-prone anyway.
>
> Martin

Some of my customers are low-budget customers. They rather have me
restore some content with a few minutes of work even at the cost (for
them) of undoing later transactions.

IOW, I'll support Martin's statement : step-by-step undo should be kept
if possible.

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be