[ZODB-Dev] An interface for broken objects?

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu Dec 31 15:02:13 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
>> Is this something that could be put into the ZODB itself and have the
>> ZODB.broken.Broken class directly implement this interface?
>
> +1. although it shouldn't be an empty interface.

Ok. I've gone ahead and made a branch for this at:

svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/ZODB/branches/hannosch-ibroken

It's a single changeset: http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/?rev=107467&view=rev

I only specified the custom exception thrown by the __setattr__ in the
interface. Everything else is private double underscore methods. I
wasn't sure if any of those should really be specified formally.

Thanks for considering to merge this :)

Happy new year,
Hanno