[ZODB-Dev] How to turn off 'GC' when packing on ZODB3.6.2

eastxing eastxing at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 21:24:14 EST 2009

hi, Laurence

Thanks for your reply. But the export/import mechanism is not suit for my
situation.
My site is now a very complicated system and 'huge'. Zope's export/import
mechanism is fragile, I never export a so large site successfully.

Now maybe I have three choices:
1. Understand all codes in fspack.py and implement the 'turn off gc when
packing' function on ZODB3.6.2;
2. Update my ZODB version from 3.6.2 to 3.8 or later to try use
'zc.FileStorage' ;
3. Convert my site to use 'RelStorage', and use its 'turn off gc' option to
pack my site.

Yesterday I tried choice 1, but I am not familiar with 'FileStorage' format
and can not implement the function myself in a short time( I have done
'Plone' development for years, but I am not so familiar with the underlayer
knowledge about 'Zope' ).

For choice 2, I have one question: Is high verstion ZODB(3.8 or later)
compatable with low version ZODB(3.6.2)? I googled but not find those
compatability information.

For choice 3, 'RelStorage' provide a 'ZODBConverter', but I do not to know
if it can used with ZODB3.6.2?

Thanks

eastxing