[ZODB-Dev] Relstorage pack problems

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jan 21 10:57:04 EST 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>  A proper fix would be
> to make the mounted object reachable from the mounted database
> root.  I
> believe the Zope 2 support for mounted databases does this
> automatically, but it's possible that Zope 3 takes an unwise shortcut.

Zope 3 doesn't support mounting.  It simply supports multiple
databases.  It is up to developers to decide how to use multiple
databases.  This is a significant potential pitfall.

IMO, the best solution long term is to provide a distributed garbage
collector that is independent of packing. ZODB 3.9 adds a hook to
enable this and I intend to write a distributed garbage collector soon.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation