[ZODB-Dev] Connection lost using RelStorage on Oracle 10g

Riccardo Minet riccardo.minet at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 05:31:38 EST 2009

Hi all, I'm testing Zope 2.11.2 configured to mount the main db with
RelStorage connected to Oracle 10g (via cx_Oracle 5 and IstantClient
10.2) .

It works fine but after a period of inactivity a new access attempt
raise the following error:

cx_Oracle.DatabaseError

Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 202, in publish_module_standard
Module Products.Localizer.patches, line 88, in new_publish
Module Zope2.App.startup, line 227, in __call__
Module App.ZApplication, line 48, in __bobo_traverse__
Module ZODB.DB, line 625, in open
Module ZODB.Connection, line 1045, in open
Module ZODB.Connection, line 510, in _flush_invalidations
Module ZODB.Connection, line 500, in _poll_invalidations
Module relstorage.relstorage, line 983, in poll_invalidations
Module relstorage.relstorage, line 154, in _restart_load
Module relstorage.adapters.oracle, line 351, in restart_load

DatabaseError: ORA-03135: connection lost contact

After this error occures a subsequent access has success.

Please note:

 -  I've already checked the firewall and there aren't dropped connections

 -  I can't (and won't)  modify parameters on the DB side for a
specific application

Anybody have experimented the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks in advance

Riccardo Minet