[ZODB-Dev] Multi-database garbage collection and database verification

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jun 12 10:39:05 EDT 2009

On Jun 12, 2009, at 10:19 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> As threatened, I've created a multi-database garbage collector:
>>   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.zodbdgc
>> Bonus: I've also included a multi-database verification script.
>
> This looks great :-)
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> - How do I know if my databases use 64-bit object ids?

You have to ask the storage author.  All of the databases included
with ZODB do.

For better or worse, lots of ZODB infrastructure assumes 64-bit oids.

> - Which databases support efficient iteration
>  from transactions near the end of the databases?
>  I assume a normal Filestorage would?

Yes.  This is the only database included with ZODB for which this is
an issue.

Of course, for ZEO, this depends on the storage being served.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation