[ZODB-Dev] Can I use RelStorage with ZODB3.9.0

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Fri Mar 6 02:33:14 EST 2009

eastxing wrote:
> About one month ago, I asked a question about 'ZODB pack' and got
> suggestions to update to new ZODB version.
> It took me one month to update my site from Plone2.5.5(with
> Zope2.9.6-final,ZODB3.6.2) to Plone3.1.7(with Zope2.10.7,ZODB3.7.3).
> Then I update zasync(an schedule durable task framework used by Zope2)
> to use its second-generation replacer -- 'zc.async', 'zc.async' needs
> ZODB3.9.0, then I went further to update to use Zope2.11.7 and
> ZODB3.9.0a12, so far so good.
>
> Now I want to use RelStorage, can I use RelStorage with ZODB3.9.0?

Yes and no.  I've tested it and it works, but you still need a patched
version of ZODB.  I haven't posted a patched version of ZODB 3.9 because
I expect ZODB 3.9 to eventually include the patch or some variation of
it.  It would be easy for me to post a patched version of ZODB 3.9.0a12,
though.  Should I?

Shane