[ZODB-Dev] URGENT: ZODB down - Important Software Application at CERN

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue May 26 10:57:36 EDT 2009

On May 26, 2009, at 10:21 AM, Adam GROSZER wrote:

> Hello Jim,
>
> Where's that certain size on the scale?
>
> Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 3:35:56 PM, you wrote:
>
> JF> FileStorage indexes can't be saved after they reach a certain
> size,
> JF> where size roughly based on the number of objects.

I shouldn't have used the word "certain". :)  It's really a limit on
the number of buckets in the file-storage index BTree. The number of
buckets is related to the number of objects, but as buckets become
sparse, there can be more buckets per objects.

The bottom line is that I need to fix save_index so this isn't a
problem, at any size.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton