[ZODB-Dev] URGENT: ZODB down - Important Software Application at CERN

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Tue May 26 12:41:56 EDT 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Well said. A feature I'd like to add is the ability to have persistent
> objects that don't get their own database records, so that you can get
> the benefit of having them track their changes without incuring the
> expense of a separate database object.

+lots

Hanno Schlichting recently posted a nice graph showing the persistent
structure of a Plone Page object and it's 9 (!) sub-objects.
http://blog.hannosch.eu/2009/05/visualizing-persistent-structure-of.html

A sub-persitent type would allow us to fix the latency problems we
experience without needing to re-engineer Archetypes at the same time.

Laurence