[ZODB-Dev] repozo uses md5 lib, which is deprecated in python 2.6

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 12:00:20 EST 2009

Hi All,

ZODB's repozo script uses the md5 library, which is deprecated in python
2.6, resulting in annoying emails from cron jobs.

A few questions:

- Where's the tracker for ZODB nowadays to report this issue?

- Anyone know what to replace md5 with? The warning suggests hashlib,
which landed in 2.5. I assume it's okay to just use hashlib rather than
worry about conditionally import md5 or hashlib, given that trunk ZODB
and 3.9 branch are only targeted at Python 2.5 and above, right?

- Does repozo have any tests? If so, how do I run them.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk