[ZODB-Dev] repozo uses md5 lib, which is deprecated in python 2.6

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Nov 19 17:55:12 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

>>> OK, this is all done on trunk and 3.9 branch, I ran the test script with
>>> Python 2.4 and 2.6, no errors.
>>
>> Cool, but can we please get an automated test? I don't run the manual
>> tests. I never will. :)
>
> I'm afraid that's a bit beyond my capabilities...

That's sad.

> Also feels like a bit of an ask for fixing a deprecation warning bug ;-)

I don't follow that.  Isn't that what you did?

> This would probably be something to do next time the .fs format changes in
> such a way that repozo needs updating...

That's not what happened this time is it?

AFAICT, repozo doesn't have automated tests, or this would have been
caught. This means that repozo is susceptible to breakage at any time.
I didn't add repozo to ZODB, but without tests, I'd be happy to take
it out. ;)

The general rule is that if you make a change, you should write a test
for it.  Are you suggesting that I need to write this test?

Jim

--
Jim Fulton