[ZODB-Dev] errors logged at info in ZEO's connection

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Nov 20 15:15:13 EST 2009

Hi All (although I guess predominantly Jim),

ZEO/zprc/connection.py contains this rather odd piece of code:

             raise
         except Exception, msg:
             if not isinstance(msg, self.unlogged_exception_types):
                 self.log("%s() raised exception: %s" % (name, msg),
                          logging.INFO, exc_info=True)

Any objections to me changing this on the 3.9 branch and trunk to:

             raise
         except Exception, msg:
             if not isinstance(msg, self.unlogged_exception_types):
                 self.logger.exception(
                     "%s() raised exception: %s" % (name, msg),
                     )

...and making sure there's a test of some sort that demonstrates this?

It seems a bit bizarre that exceptions are logged at INFO rather than
ERROR...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk