[ZODB-Dev] newbie ZEO first try. ConflictError.

tsmiller tsmiller at gnixterhouse.com
Thu Nov 26 16:43:51 EST 2009

James,
You were right.  I moved the assignment into the inner loop where is is
reassigned each time after the abort.  However, if I do not put the abort()
in, then the ZODB comes back with a ConflictError and actually dies with a
TransactionFailedError.  The commit() is the purpose of the entire thing.
To save my changes to the database.  And if the commit() does not work the
first time, then the loop waits a little while and trys the commit() again.

I have two programs now so that I could differentiate which one was actually
committing, and I still get a ConflictError every time a transaction is
tried.

    while True:
            while True:
                    ## one program prints out program 1 and the other
program 2 to show origin of commit
                    root[ "one" ] = "program 2 - " + time.asctime()
                    try:
                            print "Try to commit transaction"
                            transaction.commit()
                            print "root is",  root
                    except POSException.ConflictError:
                            print "we have a conflict"
                            transaction.abort()
                            time.sleep(.2)
                    else:
                            break

            time.sleep(10)

output:

we have a conflict
Try to commit transaction
root is {'one': 'program 2 - Thu Nov 26 14:29:02 2009'}
Try to commit transaction
we have a conflict
Try to commit transaction
root is {'one': 'program 2 - Thu Nov 26 14:29:12 2009'}
Try to commit transaction
we have a conflict
Try to commit transaction
root is {'one': 'program 2 - Thu Nov 26 14:29:22 2009'}
Try to commit transaction
we have a conflict