[ZODB-Dev] Problems packing Zope 2.9.8 storage

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 10:17:19 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I've got a ZODB that's ballooned and I'm now having problems packing
with zeopack.

I tried with zeopack, which appeared to just hang (still in top, but no
cpu usage for an hour or two), so I ctrl-c'ed it.

Now when I try, I just get the text "Already packing" back.

There is a .old file there, but it was last modified over a week ago.

Looking in FileStorage.py, it appears there's a possibility for an
exception to be raised after self._pack_is_in_progress has been set to
True but before the try/finally clause that clears
self._pack_is_in_progress has been entered. Has anyone experienced this?
If so, what should I look to do now?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk