[ZODB-Dev] Problems packing Zope 2.9.8 storage

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 13:40:53 EDT 2009

Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> There is a .old file there, but it was last modified over a week ago.
>
> The analysis phase of packing can take a long time.  A week is too much,
> though. :-)

Yeah, this is off the back of an automated pack/backup/unpack/verify to
keep two storages in sync on two database servers, one live, one hot
standby. The process went wrong because one of the storages has
ballooned in size...

>> If so, what should I look to do now?
>
> If I were solving it, I would see what happens if I copy the storage to
> RelStorage and then pack it.  Maybe that's just me though.

I thought RelStorage was slow at packing?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk