[ZODB-Dev] Using zodb and blobs

Nitro nitro at dr-code.org
Tue Apr 13 20:29:25 EDT 2010

Am 14.04.2010, 04:08 Uhr, schrieb Laurence Rowe <l at lrowe.co.uk>:

> Running your test script on my small amazon EC2 instance on linux
> takes between 0.0 and 0.04 seconds (I had to remove the divide by
> total to avoid a zero division error). 0.02 is 5000/s.

Thanks for running the test.

Intrigued by this extreme difference I've done a little run with cProfile,
script attached. On my machine the 100 runs take ~2.65 seconds, at least
2.55 seconds are spent in the "nt.fsync" function. That's an alias for
"os.fsync" on windows. According to the python docs it calls the _commit C
function on windows. See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/17618685(VS.80).aspx .

I wonder if _commit is really *that* slow or if there's another (faster)
function which can be called...

-Matthias