[ZODB-Dev] Problems in ZEO pack in 3.9.x?

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Apr 27 06:29:33 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> Hm.  I don't know if it was intentional to ignore POSKeyErrors in the
> old pack code.  It seems like a bad idea to me.

Yep, I was wondering if that was a conscious design choice or just
accidental behavior.

> What do folks think about this? Should missing records be ignored? Or
> should the missing record cause the pack (or maybe just GC) to fail?

Mmh, I think having the pack succeed would be nice. It can sometimes
take a while until you can fix those PosKeyErrors. Not everyone has
the skill to do that. Preventing the ZODB from growing indefinitely
during that time would be nice.

But doing GC on an inconsistent state is probably a bad idea.

Hanno