[ZODB-Dev] db.undoLog() does not work as documented ..

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Aug 23 12:51:39 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:23 PM, steve <steve at lonetwin.net> wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>
> On 08/23/2010 08:59 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 5:39 AM, steve<steve at lonetwin.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi,
>>>
>>>  I was reading up on the zodb docs, specifically about undoing
>>> tansactions[1]

It's worth noting that these are not "the" docs.  I didn't write or
review them.  I don't have any control over zodb.org. I have no idea
how to comment on the docs. (I could possibly find out, but I don't have time
to work that hard.)

>>>  where it mentions that ...
>>>
>>>  """
>>>  undoLog(start, end[, func])() method on the DB instance returns the log
>>> of past
>>>  transactions, returning transactions between the times start and end,
>>> measured
>>>  in seconds from the epoch.
>>>  """
>>
>> That documentation is incorrect.
>>
>> See the definition of undoLog in ZODB/interfaces.py
>>

> Thanks for clarifying that. I've filed a bug:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zodb/+bug/622828

This is problematic.  I didn't write the docs and the docs
are not part of the software.  I can't do anything about this
I don't know if anyone who can deal with bugs has any control
over zodb.org.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton