[ZODB-Dev] zeoraid + plone 3.3.4

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Feb 17 15:20:10 EST 2010

On 02/17/2010 06:15 PM, Diego Acevedo wrote:
> Hello everybody. I have a problem with zeoraid + plone (I ask for the
> problem in the general questions in Plone, and they say me that i could
> ask here)...
>
> I can do work zeoraid and plone for separate, but if I try to connect my
> zope client instance with the zeoraid, its dont work.
>
> I try different configurations:
>
>      zope client -> zeoraid -> zeoservers;
>      zope client -> zeoserver <- zeoraid -> zeoservers
>      etc
>
> I think that the problem is the ZODB, because zeoraid (gocept.zeoraid)
> work with ZODB3 >= 3.9, whereas Plone 3.3.4 work with Zope 2.10, and
> this with ZODB 3.7.1...
>
> so, the question is, Did someone get that zeoraid and plone work together??

The correct chain of configuration is:

Zope Server -> ZEOServer with a RAIDStorage -> other backends (typically
the second row of ZEO servers)

The correct ZODB versions are:

Zope Server = ZODB 3.6+
ZEO Servers w/ and w/o ZEORAID = ZODB 3.9

If you have those configurations and they don't work, then a specific
error report would help.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com