[ZODB-Dev] Practical experience - ZEO-Server & limited size of file descriptors

Andreas Gabriel gabriel at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jul 19 15:53:56 EDT 2010

On 19.07.2010 17:34, Jim Fulton wrote:

>>> Because Python programs can't use much more than 1 CPU and multiple
>>> storage servers in the same process will be slower than in separate
>>> processes, assuming the machine has multiple cores.
>>>

>> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
>> Sure but I am not aware of serious performance problems related to this
>> reason on large scale installations with heavy read and write operations.
>
> I am.

We are also not aware of serious performance problems at the server side.
Nonetheless, the configuration allows more than one storage per zeo server
and there is still the problem that no error message occurs in the zeo
server log when the file descriptor limit is reached.

Andreas

--
Dr. Andreas Gabriel, Hochschulrechenzentrum
Hans-Meerwein-Str., 35032 Marburg, fon +49 (0)6421 28-23560 fax -26994