[ZODB-Dev] tracking back to what code caused a conflicting object change

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Wed Jul 28 11:36:58 EDT 2010

A: Because it makes the logic of the discussion difficult to follow.
Q: Why shouldn't I top post?
A: No.
Q: Should I top post?

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 04:19:29PM +0200, Adam GROSZER wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> I guess the best solution to find places which change something would
> be to hook into persistent.Persistent._p_changed, but that might not
> be an easy solution, 'cause it's all C.

Set a breakpoint in ZODB.Connection.Connection.register, conditional on
the object being of an instance of class TransientObject.

> CW> PS: apologies for the inline forwarding, zope.org's MTAs are still
> CW> incorrectly configured to reject messages forwarded as attachments...

I've no problems with inline forwarding.

I left the traceback here for context:

> CW> Traceback (innermost last):
> CW>    Module Zope2.App.startup, line 173, in zpublisher_exception_hook
> CW>    Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 121, in publish
> CW>    Module Zope2.App.startup, line 240, in commit
> CW>    Module transaction._manager, line 96, in commit
> CW>    Module transaction._transaction, line 380, in commit
> CW>    Module transaction._transaction, line 378, in commit
> CW>    Module transaction._transaction, line 433, in _commitResources
> CW>    Module ZODB.Connection, line 479, in commit
> CW>    Module ZODB.Connection, line 1050, in _commit_savepoint
> CW>    Module tempstorage.TemporaryStorage, line 202, in store
> CW> ConflictError: database conflict error (oid 0x046a, class
> CW> Products.Transience.TransientObject.TransientObject, serial this txn
> CW> started with 0x0387c9f23edea155 2010-07-27 10:26:14.735074, serial
> CW> currently committed 0x0387c9f28a1ff766 2010-07-27 10:26:32.373016)
>
> CW> To my knowledge, the request that throws this isn't touching the session
> CW> or temp_folder, but I guess something is.
>
> CW> How can I find out what code is actually touch this and so causing this
> CW> conflict?

Marius Gedminas
--
1 4m 5o 3l337! just got r00t on this <a href="127.0.0.1">k3wl site</a> j00
sux0r5!