[ZODB-Dev] ZEORaid was Re: Restoring from repozo and reusing an index file?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sat Jun 12 05:29:48 EDT 2010

On 06/12/2010 09:47 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
> Christian Theune wrote:
>>> Anyone using ZEORaid in production?
>>
>> I hope not. There's still open issues with split brain situations
>
> IIUC, that can be mitigated by only having one zeoraid server live at a
> time?

Yes. Our goal is to mitigate even splits by making the system read-only
and manually allowing to specify which parts are active in that case.

An automatic voting procedure would then require more than 2
participants, but with even splits you at least won't fail horribly.

>> and a
>> mysterious bug WRT oid generation
>
> This one's new to me, where can I find out more?

The one you reported quite a while ago that ended in mixed-up OID results.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com