[ZODB-Dev] SpatialIndex

Thomas Lotze thomas at thomas-lotze.de
Mon Jun 28 02:21:38 EDT 2010

Nitro wrote:

> packaging: I don't plan to create a package for this as I don't see much
> point in adding yet another package to the clutter of packages surrounding
> zodb.

Just a quick remark: Without being available as a package, your code will
be far less useful (if not outright useless) to a lot of potential users
because installing packages in one way or another is what people do in
order to be able to use code, in particular in the Zope and ZODB world. In
fact, reading your message through the Gmane interface to the list, I
didn't even receive the attachment to your message. (I know I can dig it
up from the list archives, but compare this to being able to declare the
dependency on your package in my code and have it installed automatically
by my build system.) I also don't see how creating another package could
do any harm, in particular as it brings original new functionality.

--
Thomas