[ZODB-Dev] Testing gocept.zeoraid

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Mon Mar 22 10:09:06 EDT 2010

Hello,

   I am currently testing gocept.zeoraid, and this seems to work fine.

   However, I have few questions:

   - On the pypi the last released version is 1.0b7. In the Zope SVN it
     seems to be only 1.0b1.

     I did have a look in order to find a bit of documentation in order
     to help me to install it, and was surprised by this.

   - I tested like my clumsy customers would use it (that means doing
     things in the wrong order for instance).

     I did a similar setup that the one located in the Zope SVN: two
     ZEO server as backend, and two ZEO Raid server on top of it,
     connected to two Zope clients. I stop one backend ZEO server.

     I did raid-manage status, and details and it work fine.

     After, I executed raid-manage recover 1, 1 being the backend ZEO
     server I previously stopped, and did details again. I have
     'recovering: ???'. Which is ok since I didn't start again my
     backend ZEO server. But if I start it after, the status doesn't
     change. If I do again raid-manage recover 1, the status stays the
     same (and the command display None).

     I think this is bad, as I can't expect my customer to always do
     things in the correct step (that would be too easy).

     Done in the correct order that seems to work fine. But I need to do
     more testing.

   Best regards,

   Sylvain Viollon

--