[ZODB-Dev] Author ZoDB Books - Packt Publishing.

Alan Runyan runyaga at gmail.com
Thu May 6 16:17:00 EDT 2010

I think a ZODB book would be a wonderful edition to Packt's NoSQL
library.  I really believe the ZODB book should *not* talk about any
web framework integration.  There is plenty of information to convey
about ZODB without talking about integrating it into external
projects.  It would be great if the book, at some later date, would
have opportunity to be released under CC license.   The ZODB project
needs external facing documentation.

I just got back from a conference where I met one of the MongoDB guys.
 Obviously mongo is a different animal.  The features I saw that were
interesting:

- Indexing/Querying support.
- Ability to auto - (in/de)crement counters on records.
- Language independent bindings for MongoDB

If a ZODB book is written I would highly suggest detailing a
indexing/querying strategy
Even if it is use zope.catalog/zope.index with some examples.

fwiw,
alan