[ZODB-Dev] [Plone-Users] question about using repozo and blob storage

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon May 10 17:13:06 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
>>> If you want to experiment with the idea anyway, then writing a "wrapper"
>>> storage is probably the way to go:  DemoStorage is one such beast, as is
>>> the BlobStorage itself.
>>
>> I don't consider the wrapper approach to have been very effective for
>> BlobStorage, although it was a reasonable thing to try at the time.
>> BlobStorage is likely to go way.
>>
>> (This comment should not be construed as supporting the idea of implementing
>>  some sort of blob-storage back end using DVCS.)
>
> I'm having troube with the last sentence:  do you really mean you don't
> like the idea of blobs-in-DVCS? Or did you drop the second part of a
> double negative inadvertently?

I was trying to avoid being negative by stating the absence of a
positive.  I doubt it is a good idea but don't want to spend the time
required to be sure I don't like it.

I wanted to state some technical observations without being
misinterpreted as supporting the project.

It appears this is moot anyway.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton