[ZODB-Dev] Emulating site import/export or walking through all site objects?

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko at redinnovation.com
Fri Nov 5 05:11:43 EDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to create an automatic test to check that Plone add-ons
install and uninstall cleanly. There has been problems that after the
add-on has been uninstalled, there are persistent objects based on the
add-on packages left around. If this happens you cannot import or
export the site anymore.

I would like to walk through all persistent objects contained inside a
site, or emulate import/export functionality to see if this happens or
not. Since I cannot actually unload Python eggs from the memory easily
(is this assumption correct?) I can just check pickled objects by
their dotted name and see if they are in blacklisted packages.

Are there any ready Python recipes or example code where I should start?

The question is also open here:
http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Automatizing-uninstalls-cleanly-test-tp5705298p5705298.html

--
Mikko Ohtamaa