[ZODB-Dev] Bounty Program on Zope/Plone with Scality Droplet

Marc Villemade m at scality.com
Mon Nov 15 21:16:12 EST 2010

Hi,

First of all, if this is not the correct list to send this kind of information to, please forgive me and i'd be very appreciative if you could let me know the one i should post this on.

I'm with Scality, developer of an object-based storage software platform, called Scality RING. A month ago, at SNIA's Software Developer Conference, we announced our Open-Source program, SCOP, the immediate release of our first open-source library, Scality Droplet, and the launch of a bounty program offering contributing developers grants from a $100,000 fund. More information on http://scop.scality.com/

One of the bounties we have designed concerns the development of a Zope/Plone interface to an object storage platform. We thought about introducing it directly to the Zope community of developers to get feedback and comments as well as possible submissions for the bounty program ;)
The ZODB model seems to fit particularly well with an underlying object based storage in place of traditional file system storage.  The key feature of the bounty development would be the full replacement of the file system storage  of content/objects with object storage, using the REST interface of the Scality Droplet library. The objective is not to replace Zope or ZODB, but to enable cloud storage of objects via Zope. Slowing down Zope is obviously not an objective either, the integration should allow scaling up to very large collections of data without hurting performance.

For more information on the bounty, please have a look at http://bit.ly/b17DL3
You can register for the bounty on the site as well at this address: http://bit.ly/9ZNxTk