[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage support to Microsoft SQLServer

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Wed Nov 17 13:12:35 EST 2010

On 11/17/2010 08:29 AM, Sachin Tekale wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have read that there is a problem to implement MS-SQL adapter for
> Relstorage because the “Two phase commit” feature is not exposed by
> MS-SQL server .

No, RelStorage does not require two phase commit support from the
database.  It turns out that a simple commit lock, which  is sufficient
for preventing deadlocks and unreported conflicts.

> Is there solution to overcome this problem, Without introducing too many
> layers?
> Can we use PyMSSQL and ADODB Python extension to implement the
> relstorage Adapter for MS-SQL.
> Has any one tried this before?
>
> Are there any other major concerns you would have for developing MS-SQL
> adapter component?
>
> Please point us in right direction on the subject.

Using mxODBC is a good start, but you still need SQL designed for
MS-SQL, since SQL is only loosely standardized.  I could help you out.
Email me privately if you are interested.

Shane