[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage support to Microsoft SQLServer

Martin.Gfeller at comit.ch Martin.Gfeller at comit.ch
Thu Nov 18 05:44:48 EST 2010

> my suggestion: use mxodbc.  involve shane so he can fold it into the main
> relstorage line in the future.  maybe even budget some money to pay him
> so he has interest in the outcome of the mssql/odbc adapter for relstorage.

We have made very good experience with mxODBC to connect to SQL Server.
The ODBC module coming with Python Win is also an option on Windows,
although it leads to (very) occasional crashes and has a reduced feature set.

However, I don't use RelStorage nor ZODB; I've rolled my own pickle store on
SQL Server, storing a subset of the attributes in relational tables for fast
searches - better suits the peculiar needs of Quantax.

Best regards,
Martin