[ZODB-Dev] 32-bit vs 64-bit - RelStorage on MySQL

Izak Burger izak at upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu Nov 18 15:13:45 EST 2010

On 18/11/2010 18:48, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> For Zope based applications I've generally seen 50% to 100% memory
> growth when moving to 64bit. That's why we stick to 32bit for a number
> of memory hungry applications (*wink* Plone).

Interestingly, we actually moved some plone based apps to amd64 machines
to allow them to grow beyond 3GB (as PAE only allows up to 3GB per
process), as they simply couldn't operate properly with only 3GB. But we
have bucketloads of ram on those machines, so the increase in memory
usage is probably way less important than having access to more of it :-)