[ZODB-Dev] persistent client caches okay to use again in ZODB 3.9.6?

Alan Runyan runyaga at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:42:55 EDT 2010

> I'm wondering if some of my issues might be alleviated by persistent
> client caches.

anything is possible.

> Now, I have the impression that these were unreliable and buggy and had
> been so for some time.

they appear to be more stable now.  we use them on several customer's
in very specific cases.  mainly with infrequently modified databases.

> Is this still the case? If not, where are the docs on how to configure
> them nowadays?

http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/tags/3.9.7/src/ZODB/component.xml?rev=117035&view=auto

    <key name="client">
      <description>
        Enables persistent cache files.  The string passed here is
        used to construct the cache filenames.  If it is not
        specified, the client creates a temporary cache that will
        only be used by the current object.
      </description>
    </key>

-alan