[ZODB-Dev] persistent client caches okay to use again in ZODB 3.9.6?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Oct 12 12:56:33 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> On 12/10/2010 17:11, Jim Fulton wrote:
>>>
>>> Now, I have the impression that these were unreliable and buggy and had
>>> been so for some time.
>>
>> They became much better in later 3.8 releases and still much better
>> lately.
>>
>> We've been using them in production for quite a while.
>
> Any docs on recommended settings around?

Currently the only configuration "docs" are in the .xml Alan provided a link to.

The best size will depend on the app.  There are some docs in
http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/doc/, although I don't know if they're accurate.
In ZODB 3.10, the cache tracing analysis tools actually work and produce
meaningful numbers if you start tracing with an empty cache.

Like much of ZODB, the documentation is wanting.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton