[ZODB-Dev] zodb monitor port / tailing a .fs

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 03:58:12 EDT 2010

On 14/10/2010 02:40, Darryl Dixon - Winterhouse Consulting wrote:
>> ...and fsdump appears to have no way of saying "show me the last few
>> transactions in this 35GB file" :-(
>
> Yeah it's pretty verbose. I usually just pump the output to a text file

...yeah, but a 35GB zodb is going to result in, what, a 120? 200? GB
text file. I don't think I actually have that much disk space lying
around on these servers, let alone how long fsdump would take to produce
it ;-)

I wonder how hard it'd be to add some kind of start-at-the-end feature
to fstail?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk