[ZODB-Dev] ZODB replication and high-availability across data centers

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu Oct 21 13:21:48 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 18:07 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 21/10/2010 16:44, Andreas Jung wrote:
> > The well-known options are:
> >
> > Relstorage on top of some RDBMS-related clustering/replication mechanism
>
> This is where I'd look, since the RDBMS guys likely have patterns that
> match the one you're seeking...

True, but they also have SQL which can be replicated with much less
overhead. Replicating at such a low level requires replicating whole
objects even if a single attribute changes whether you use Relstorage or
not. This is why I would consider replication at application level,
especially in a limited bandwith environment.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za