[ZODB-Dev] Stripping version data from databases

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Sep 9 10:10:07 EDT 2010

I suspect we'll see more cases where people have databases that have
versioned records
that they don't know how to get rid of.  (We had a case like this
internally, but we stopped
caring about the database in question before we had to deal with it. :)

I'd be happy to throw together a script that stripped version records using
the storage iteration and restore protocols.  I would want someone else to
review and (possibly :) test it.  I'm can't commit to much effort on it though.
I'm not willing to include this in ZODB, but would probably put it in my
public script "zoo", http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/J1m/scripts/.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton