[ZODB-Dev] Backports for ZODB 3.9

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Mon Apr 18 11:50:09 EDT 2011

On Apr 18, 2011, at 11:29 AM, David Glick wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2011, at 8:16 AM, "Jim Fulton" <jim at zope.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Eric Steele <ems174 at psu.edu> wrote:
>>> Jim (et al),
>>>
>>> Could I trouble you for backports of http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset/117924
>>
>> This one isn't relevant to 3.9.
>
> That's what I thought too, but Eric tried it and says it resolves some test failures we were seeing in CMFEditions on ZODB 3.9.6 and 3.9.7.
>
> Eric, I don't suppose we can extract a simple test case out of what CMFEditions is doing?
>

>>> and http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset/121409 to the 3.9 branch? I'd like to include these bugfixes in Plone 4.0.6.
>>
>> I plan to release this today.
>
> Thanks, though you may as well wait until we can resolve the other issue at the same time. This is a much less important fix.

Without fixing the first, Plone is unable to use make use of a new release to get the second. We wind up with a slew of errors/failures after a rollback. I'll admit I'm not well-versed enough with ZODB to know what part of the change is fixing things, but I'll work on a test to confirm the issue.

Eric