[ZODB-Dev] weird "MySQL gone away error" when viewing history tab on Script(Python) with RelStorage 1.4.2

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 12:12:19 EDT 2011

On 27/04/2011 16:47, David Glick wrote:
>> OperationalError: (2006, 'MySQL server has gone away')
>>
>> This is happening across at least two separate instances with separate
>> storages.
> Not sure if this is the same, but I've gotten this error with
> python-mysql in a case where the mysql connection had timed out. IIRC
> the workaround was to adjust mysql's wait_timeout parameter.

DEFINITELY not this ;-)

It appears that RelStorage is causing the disconnection under these
circumstances, no other time outs are occurring and the parameters have
been deliberately adjusted on the MySQL server prior to using RelStorage
to take this into account...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk