[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage and PosKey errors - is this a risky hotfix?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 03:57:06 EST 2011

On 01/02/2011 23:10, Ruda Porto Filgueiras wrote:
> I had similar issues on past and now I follow some rules:
>
>   - pack only with zodbpack
>   - pack-gc = false

...which means your database will still slowly (or quickly in my case!)
grow over time with unreferenced objects.

>   - pack when the database is not been active update or not update at all.

I'm glad you have an app with quiet spells! ;-)
This isn't realistic for any active, public web app.

> But it does not imply RelStorage bug, since MySQL is know to not be so "safe".

Er, since when? If that were the case, I'm sure Shane would place
explicit instructions that it should not be used...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk