[ZODB-Dev] zodbupdate install problem

Chris Fanning christopher.fanning at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 11:03:29 EST 2011

Hi,

I've been using zodb as the database on a homebrew cms since 2004 without
one single problem. :)
Now we're changing hardware so we're upgrading software too.
I'm running into problems.

The client starts like this.

from Persistence import PersistentMapping
def __init__(self):
  if not dbroot.has_key('pages'):
    dbroot['pages'] = PersistentMapping()

So I changed the Persistence to
from persistent.mapping import PersistentMapping

And now I get the error
'PersistentMapping' object has no attribute 'has_key'

>From what I understand the objects are Broken and I need to upgrade the
zodb.

So I did
#easy_install zodbupdate

However I get this error.

Running zodbupdate-0.5/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
/tmp/easy_install-iNI2JT/zodbupdate-0.5/egg-dist-tmp-AstNfF
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/zodbupdate/serialize.py", line 165
    symb = find_global(*symb_info, Broken=ZODBBroken)

I'm at a real loss here.
Any help please?

Chris.