[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage 1.5.0b1 dry-run > two phase pack, better pack lock behaviour

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Fri Feb 25 10:31:51 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 16:56, Martijn Pieters <mj at zopatista.com> wrote:
> I see a lot of transaction aborted errors on the ZODB multi-thread
> tests with this patch in place, so I'll have to investigate more.
> Thread debugging joy!

In the end it was a simple mistake in the PostgreSQL version of the
commit lock method signature; a True instead of  False made the NOWAIT
variant the default. Oops!

The tests now pass against PostgreSQL. I haven't been able to get the
tests working against a MySQL 5.5 server on my laptop though (OS X
10.6), but the tests fail without the patch too. It looks like the
concurrent tests are not closing database connections or something. If
someone with a working MySQL test setup can report if the patch works,
that'd be much appreciated. See:

  https://bitbucket.org/mjpieters/relstorage-mq/src/tip/nowait_commitlock_pack.patch

In the meantime, I'll bite the bullet and try this out on the production server!

--
Martijn Pieters