[ZODB-Dev] blobs missing with relstorage and small blob cache dir

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Feb 28 10:34:51 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 16:22, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
> Blobs are considered experimental in ZODB 3.8. Especially the entire
> blob cache changed completely for ZODB 3.9.
>
> I think you might want to upgrade to Plone 4 and ZODB 3.9 to get a
> stable environment. Or you'll likely run into more problems.

Actually, RelStorage has it's own cache cleanup code for the
database-stored blobs scenario. And by the looks of it, it does
trigger a blob cache cleanup (in a separate thread) during blob load.

Maurits, see blobhelper.py, BlobHelper.download_blob calls
BlobCacheChecker.loaded with check=True (the default). Try calling it
with check=False instead.

--
Martijn Pieters