[ZODB-Dev] Plone in P2P using Zope over DHT

Aran Dunkley aran at organicdesign.co.nz
Tue Jan 4 02:18:34 EST 2011

I have looked at NEO which is the closest thing I've found to the
answer, in fact NEO is why I felt Plone was the best choice of CMS to
inquire further about

The problem is that it uses SQL for its indexing queries (they quote
"NoSQL" as meaning "Not only SQL"). SQL cannot work in P2P space, but
can be made to work on server-clusters.

We intend not to have any machines in our network other than the users
computers running the P2P application. So we would need to know exactly
what kinds of querying ZODB expects to be available in its interface to
the storage layer. DHT's can be slow for the first read but cache
locally after that.